I made some incremental changes to the previous version of jQuery Form Validation and added some new features to the same.
- Validations of radio-buttons and check-boxes now possible
- Added jquery.validation.functions.js to modularize addition of new validation functions.
- New validation functions added
- isValidDate(year, month, day): It takes in three parameters the year(i.e. full year) of the date, the month of the date and the day part of the date and returns false if its not a valid date and true if valid. It includes checking of leap years. For example: 02-29-2008 will show as valid but 02-29-2009 as invalid.
- isChecked(id): It takes the id of the container containing the group of check-boxes or radio-buttons and returns false if none of the children were checked and true if at-least one was checked.